Saturday, April 11, 2009

Last post for the night...

Whew!! This is my last post and then I'm caught up...YAY!!!
I don't know why but this kid has THE MOST kissable skin!! It is so stinking soft.

From march and april

You know, I think trials are amazing!! We are given trials and most of the time cannot see the end in sight. We try to figure out why we're given those trials and what we're supposed to learn from it. My pregnancy with Tanner was one trial after another after another. I was almost at the point where I was bitter to even be pregnant with him. We had a hard time getting pregnant with him...no, not getting pregnant. I just have to think pregnant and I am. We had a hard time listening to that prompting that another child needed to come to our crazy household :) Wow! I'm glad someone else has a bigger picture and better plan in mind than me! It took more faith than I knew I had to go through the things we did with the pregnancy and with other life challenges. In Tanner's baby blessing it talked about how he would be a comfort to his mother. There is nothing more true than that statement. Sometimes our biggest trials end up being our biggest blessings!!! Every time I look at Tanner he is a reminder that Heavenly Father is watching out for us even when we think He's not. Tanner reminds me of the amount of faith we need to have to go through trials. He reminds us that if we turn to the Lord and do the things we are asked we will be blessed for them...maybe not right away like we want but we WILL be blessed. I just can't imagine our lives had we not listened. We would not have our little Tanster and what an empty hole that would have created in our family!!
Times are hard right now for everyone. It seems like everyone I know is going through some sort of major trial. I don't want to be preachy or anything but I hope that you all have a "little Tanner" in your life that reminds you of the things you need to do to make it through your trials.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Great post! Thanks for the reminder! Sometimes, it easy to keep thinking so negative.

Mark and Karen said...

Beautifully said.

Whoa nellie on all the pictures! I love it, especially your family pics by Stephanie. I love your hair. I also enjoyed the one where you passed out by the computer...hilarious and sad that you were that tired and worn out.

Thanks for the catch up. Looks like you've been having some fun family time. You guys are great parents!

Clarissa Grover said...

Melissa, I don't think I would ever put that baby down. Holy smokes. I found myself leaning in to stroke the computer skin. What a dumpling!